IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Aroideana vs. Newsletter - food for thought
From: ecuador10 at comcast.net (Betsy Feuerstein) on 2007.12.07 at 23:17:36(16784)
Tom, I think all of us would like what Derek proposes but I highly doubt that IAS is in any such financial shape to publish more often and to use color pictures. It all sounds great and I am sure all of us would love it, but with falling membership and the high cost of publishing along with the falling dollar, I highly doubt this will happen any time in the near future. Perhaps it better to improve what is and explore areas where more can be done with less or no more. The issue of more to publish certainly is one that presents major challenges. I would think????? that it would be easier to get people to participate in the Newsletter than in Aroideana. I also suspect that an effort similar to Aroid-l format with a question and comeback from membership in response to the question. One web based group I participate in uses a question of the week and while often it is not of great interest to me, many seem to be participating and good information seems to be coming out. Some aspect of that might be possible with
the question in the Newsletter and the responses published in the future as they come in. Just an idea. Perhaps others can come up with options that might be better or different.

Just my opinion............... Betsy

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.