IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Aroideana vs. Newsletter - food for thought
From: exotics at hawaii.rr.com (Windy Aubrey) on 2007.12.10 at 18:53:11(16800)
Wow, maybe I am like others. As an amateur I have been too shy to contribute to the Aroideana or the IAS Newsletter. I even hesitated sending this.

I take on the Aroideana as an educational tool, and something that I am always reading, and re-reading. At first when I subscribed, most of the scientific and technical articles in the Aroideana were 'mumbo jumbo' and hard to understand but, amazingly, as my interest grew I appreciated these articles and absorbed more of their information.
I also enjoy the Newsletter as a 'fun read'. Dr. Tom's field experiences are the best! I would be bummed (sad) if either publication were ever eliminated.

Please understand, I am more of a 'practical grower' than a technical or scientific person.
I do enjoy sharing what I have learned to produce a thriving plant. I have had many 'educators' over the past 30 years and have always appreciated their advise and knowledge, as well as practical methods I've learned through 'hand's-on' growing.

I am more than willing to contribute to the IAS what I have learned along the way, and look forward to other's experiences.

No matter how long you have been involved with Aroids, we can all continue to learn from each other.

I will commit to contributing some of my growing experiences to the IAS Newsletter, and hope others will take on this challenge too. I will send Carla an article.

Betsy, you have so many travel experiences, and knowledge to share. I would love to read an article by you.

Windy

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.