IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Does this Anthurium look familiar?
From: exotics at hawaii.rr.com (Windy Aubrey) on 2008.01.28 at 23:16:57(17005)

Hi Aroiders,

I need a little ID help.

I bought this Anthurium at a local nursery some time ago with the tag labeled 'Anthurium rzedowskii'.
The nursery had it out in bright light and it was really suffering with scorched blades and dry conditions. It took years to bring it back, but now it seems happier. It has been a very slow grower only producing a few new blades each year. It seems to like moister conditions and lower light.

I'm not sure if it was labeled correctly and was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have this in their collection and if the name is correct, or what the name might be.

It is unlike any other Anthurium we have, specially with it's fibrous trunk. Also, the way the petioles do not brake off easily when the blades grow old and fade, but must be cut to be removed.

Thanks for any input,
Windy

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.