IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Hey..... All you aroid lovers.....
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.02.02 at 21:11:53(17037)
As Harry stated, NSExotics on eBay is Natural Selection Exotics in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Enid is an officer of the International Aroid Society and she and her husband Sam operate what is likely the best known and certainly one of the most reliable aroid retail operations on the net. I doubt either would blow their horn too loudly, but I'll gladly do it for them. Their website is www.nsexotics.com and you can be guaranteed of receiving what they advertise. Most of us who have been involved with Aroid l, the IAS, or have collected aroids for any length of time have bought from them on a regular basis.

And while I'm at this, please allow me to do what is often left to Julius Boos to do. If those of you who are now regular lurkers on Aroid l but haven't taken the time to join the International Aroid Society (IAS), now is the time to do it! And if you haven't paid your dues for 2008, please do so now! The organization needs your support and you need the International Aroid Society! Some of you may not realize the IAS is now in its 30th year!

You can pay your dues or join from anywhere in the world by logging on to the IAS website: http://www.aroid.org/

Once you get to the site click on "Join IAS" in the left column. If you join now you'll receive a copy of this year's Aroideana and that publication alone is worth your annual dues! But you'll also receive all the 2008 issues of the IAS quarterly newsletter. And while you on the IAS site, look around! You will find all sorts of useful information! Bookmark the site.

So, first, feel safe buying from Sam and Enid. And second, JOIN or RENEW right now!

And lastly, if you operate any sort of website that deals with aroids please include a link to the International Aroid Society on your site! I'm going to give you a link to the page on my site which you are welcome to copy and/or modify in any way you choose. My page was created with the permission of the IAS and the link on my site links anyone who shows an interest directly to the IAS! So add a link to IAS to your site right now!

http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Join%20IAS.html

Steve Lucas

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.