IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Alocasia reticulata??
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.03.01 at 03:00:27(17112)
MessageI did Denis, on both TROPICOS and IPNI. Nothing comes up. I've been receiving some good private mail which is pointing to some additional information but so far I'm led to believe this is likely a sport of Alocasia zebrina introduced by Fantastic Gardens. There is some indication the spathe and spedix is the same on the two and is also a match to Alocasia 'Tigrina'. I'm also still left in the dark on the name Alocasia tigrina. Deni's book seems to indicate Alistair described it as a species in 1999 but I can't find that name on any official source. I would really like to hear about all of these from one of our esteemed Alocasia botanists out there or at least something that points me in a different direction. Pete Boyce told me some months ago that Alocasia tigrina did not exist as a scientific name.

Thanks for the input guys and gals!

Steve

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.