IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Alocasia reticulata and an introduction
From: gartenbaureisenberger at web.de (Helmut Reisenberger) on 2008.03.02 at 15:46:34(17115)

Hello Chad, hello Don

As I have once expierienced serious problems with "new" Alocasias ("the little jewels") I am now underway to a certain success, even with most difficult ones.
It was through the IAS and through this forum, that I got into contact with LariAnn Garner of Aroidia Research. Their instituition in Florida is, I think, the only one, having picked up the problem of losses of the most beautiful "decor foliage alocasias " in cultivation. They have not found yet the final solution of the root rotting problem, but they provide some recommandable advice to make them survive for at least a few seasons. In permanent contact with aroids expert Peter Boyce they work hard on answers to the questions of shortlived alocasias - most of them recently found by Peter in Malaysian rainforests.
Since I have taken up contact with LariAnn and Peter, I successfully grow A. bullata, A. clypoleata, A. cuprea, A. frydek, A. longiloba, A. lowii, A. plumbea, A. rugosum, A. sedenii and a few others as potted specimen in my greenhouses in Vienna, Austria (!).
So, if you are interested, what can you do? Just gather first information on "LARIANN GARNER I hope, I could help you.
Helmut

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.