IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Cyrtosperma
From: gartenbaureisenberger at web.de (Helmut Reisenberger) on 2008.03.09 at 01:00:10(17134)
> -----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Discussion of aroids
> Gesendet: 08.03.08 17:05:48
> An: Discussion of aroids
> CC: kaufmanrareplants at yahoo.com
> Betreff: Re: [Aroid-l] Cyrtosperma

Dear Julius,

I have been growing Cyrtsperma johnstonii for a couple of years in my greenhouses in Vienna / Austria. Since I can offer them optimal indoor conditions, - heated greenhouse (25 - 35 Cels.), indirect sunlight + additional light in winter and relatively high humidity, - they are vigorious growers (up to two meters in a year) and producing lots of suckers. The substrate I use is LariAnns recommended mix for the very sensitive and difficult novelty Alocasias.
The problem is, that the biggest leaves start browning from the margins, and then spotting the whole leaf blade. At the same time the petioles bend over and after a short while the leaves are gone. What can be wrong??? I think, I can offer them optimal conditions, standing next to the difficult Alocasias ("little jewels"), which I now have under control. Thanks for your experts advise!

sincerely
Helmut Reisenberger

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.