IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Arisaema sp. seedling help
From: tindomul1of9 at yahoo.com (Tindomul Er-Murazor) on 2008.03.20 at 16:19:24(17194)
I planted many seeds of an Arisaema species native to Long Island, most likely A. triphyllum. Only 1 seed germinated so far, 7 months after I planted them, slightly covering them with soil and keeping the soil moist. The soil is a combination of sphag, bark, and all sorts of other large items which makes it fast draining and sligtly acidic.
The one leaf it has now has been all it has produced in about a months worth of growth. Its hasn't done anything else.
Does anyone know about growing these from seed? What happens next? Is it going to die on me if no more leaves come? SHould I change something? I have it under artificial lights at a temp of around 80.
Attached is a picture

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/Czar024/Arisaemasp-01.jpg

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.