IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Anthurium hookeri germination
From: Ferenc.Lengyel at aok.pte.hu (Lengyel Ferenc) on 2008.03.25 at 12:18:24(17215)
Hello,
I have an Anthurium (the common one sold in the plant shops as Anthurium hookeri). It
grew 3 inflorences at a time, so it colud self pollinate itself. Now the cone-shaped berries are
ripening. They push thenselves out of the inflorescense as they ripe one after one, and then
they fall down very easily. The colour is quite pale. What does spread the seeds? In my
opinion they fall down too easily and are too pale to be eaten by birds.
My main question is about seed germination. I can see two small seeds in each berry. I
would like to get some advise on germinating them. Should I pot them as soon as I take
them out of the berry? Should I simply place them in wet moss? Should they be treated with
some kind of acid before? Should I bleach them in clear water for a day? Should I dry them?
Or what to do?
Thanks for any info
Regards!
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.