IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Mystery Plant
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.04.01 at 19:09:18(17269)
Like most of you, I have quite a few plants in my atrium I have no idea what they might be. I'm working today to try to identify a few.

The plant on the page at the link below is one of my "mystery" plants. Although it appears to be an Anthurium, look closely at the leaf blade and the petiole. There is no collective vein on the leaf and no geniculum on the petiole. That elimates an Anthurium species. The leaf is very thick and coriacious but I have no idea what the species or genus may be. The leaf measures 25.4cm (10 inches).

I often have people send me specimens in hopes I can figure out what they may be and I believe this one came last summer. I put it on a shelf and never paid much attention to it until today so I don't even know who to tell what it is since the tag is lost! If you have an ID, please let me know.

Steve Lucas

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.