IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] St. Paul tiny titan
From: myeakel21 at earthlink.net (m yeakel-twum) on 2008.04.08 at 03:12:09(17320)
Hello All!
I am new to this list and happened to see the reference to the little titan blooming in St. Paul, MN. I am the keeper of that plant and hope you are all able to view the webcam and blog about this little bloom. www.comozooconservatory.org/cons/gardenblog.shtml
We are anticipating the inflorescence to open this week. We have had some dark weather the last couple of days and growth has slowed down. The spathe is incomplete and only covers about half of the spadix. So the flowers are visible at all times. It is very tiny---it only measured 28" tall today! The corm weighs 25 pounds and the plant is from a 1993 seed lot that was planted at Gustavus Adolphus College in St.Peter,MN. We have had the plant for almost 3 years.
The IT folks are working on the problems with the website at this time. I noticed that the webcam was not showing a live picture this afternoon. We are learning alot from this experience!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Margaret Yeakel-Twum

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.