IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] problem titan question
From: ronmchatton at aol.com (ronmchatton at aol.com) on 2008.04.15 at 13:00:54(17387)
They may just be going dormant.? There's a common misconception that they go dormant for the winter and many of them do however, they really go dormant when the correct time for that particular plant is reached and I've had them stay up for as long as 18 months.? All of mine go dormant this time of the year and come back up about the middle of June.? Look at the petiole for vertical wrinkling.? As the leaf begins to die back it not only begins to yellow but the petiole will start to look like it's drying out.You can gently slip them out of the pot and look at the roots or the corm.? It is correct that they appreciate good water but that doesn't mean sopping wet either.? I find them actually easier to grow if kept just slightly drier.? It's always easier to recover from too little water than it is to recover from too much.

Ron McHatton

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.