IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Amorphophallus Titanum problems
From: ronmchatton at aol.com (ronmchatton at aol.com) on 2008.04.15 at 13:05:57(17388)
I've had them survive that sort of thing.? You need to remove all evidence of decomposition and any pinkish discoloration.? That slight pink discoloration is the moving front of whatever is decomposing the corm.? Once all of that is removed, let the surface dry out for 24 hours and look for blackened, pink or wet areas.? These are all indications you didn't remove all the problem.? There are several things you can treat the cut surface of the corm with like Daconil, Mancozeb or Thiophanate-methyl (here in the US Cleary's 3336) or Captan if you can find any.? I don't know what causes this but it's really common in things that stay dormant too long.? I lost a very large aphyllus this year to something very similar.

Ron McHatton

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.