IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] an apolgy if it is order
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.06.01 at 04:56:04(17650)
To everyone on Aroid l,

If any apology for some of my comments or questions on Aroid l is in order, I gladly offer it.

I received a very disturbing message tonight with a direct copy (slightly edited) that I posted on this forum about my construction of my epiphyte tree. The message came from a person whose name showed up as Holly Cooper. I do not know Holly but she has posted a similar message once before on the GardenWeb. In that case, another individual had requested a photo of Anthurium cubense. I had taken a photo of Denis' plant which was tagged Anthurium cubense with Leland Miyano standing with it at the 2007 IAS Aroid Show. As it turned out, Leland later pointed out the vein count on that plant did not match Dr. Croat's scientific description so we learned later that plant is not a full species and liekly a hybrid. The moderators of the GardenWeb forum took down her post since it referred to me by a strong term.

If I have irritated any of you with my constant comments and questions, I sincerely apologize. I am only a student of aroid botany and constantly ask questions in order to learn. I don't believe anyone can find any place on my website or on the net where I have ever claimed to be an expert in plants. I just study them, ask a lot of questions of Dr. Croat, Leland and Julius and I probably read too much. The only aroid experts I know are the ones I try to accurately quote in my internet articles.

This is what I received from Ms. Cooper. I have purposely removed her email address:

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.