IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] an apolgy if it is order
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.06.02 at 11:19:49(17673)
Pete, this message from you is more valuable than I can make clear. I have several mentors who are my honest-to-goodness heroes and friends. And I hope you know you are one. Tom, Simon, Eduardo, Alistair, Julius, Leland and many others, a list too long to mention, help me all the time! My goal has been only to self-educate myself and to try to share what I learn in a way anyone interested in aroids can utilize. I am a writer who has been putting words on paper for over 30 years. But without accurate sources there is nothing to write!

You have answered my questions many, many times and always help to make what I'm trying to understand clear. And that is at least in part the reason I quote all of you rather than trying to put what you teach in my own words. As a non-scientist my words are useless, but your words have value!

So thanks for your kindness and your continued help. With the same thanks to all the professionals who teach me something new in their journals and emails on virtually a daily basis. If I could offer advice to anyone who is interested in aroids it would be to build a library of good scientific material on the genus. In the beginning the reading is difficult, but I time you will begin to understand the scientific terms and all those questions become clear answers.

Now, a big request! Tell us about "the way roots glue themselves to rocks and how the shoot tips of a rheophytes resist water flow in spate." You just opened up a new file in my brain and I want to know!

Steve

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.