IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Fw: Epiphytes. And I may be nuts!
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.06.02 at 20:40:18(17684)

Well, now I've got more to respond to! Thanks to all of you who support me in the effort. I just want to learn about my plants and attempt to share what I can find out. All of you are too kind so let's let this one just die. And especially to the botanists and honest-to-goodness experts on Aroid l, thanks for all your help!

As for Tom's question, Steph and I are great! I'm stronger than I've been in years. I used to be on 4 blood pressure meds and now none! My BP is normal and all the kidney and anti-rejection tests come back normal 3 days a week! I think they are taking too much blood but what do I know!

Leland, I'm attaching two larger photos of the plant here now in question (which is not an aroid)! I'm relatively sure it is Lycopodium nummularifolium Blume which is often Incorrectly listed as Lycopodium nummularifolia Blume on the internet. The synonym is Phlegmariurus nummularifolius (Blume) Ching and the plant was published In: Enumeratio Plantarum in 1828. If any of you know anything, especially scientific, please send me the info! I found it on JSTOR but I don't have access to JSTOR.

The second plant on the epipyphte tree of a club moss is Huperzia phlegmaria (L.) Rothm.,
common names: Lycopodium fern, Coarse tassel fern, and Tassel fern. Again, this one is not an aroid. I've done a page on that one but need a scientist to verify my information before I publish it to the net. If you collect club mosses and know anything you are welcome to offer critical corrections. The page is still not public but the link to that one is here:

http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Huperzia%20phlegmaria%20pc.html

Thanks again to everyone! All I can say is I hope "holly", male or female, finds some peace in the world.

Steve

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.