IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] My message from Dr. Moran regarding Huperzia phlegmaria
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.06.04 at 15:51:25(17731)
When I went back to check the name Huperzia nummulariifolia as provided by Dr. Moran I ran into a series of blockades. I again checked both TROPICOS and the International Plant Names Index and could not completely verify that name. As a result, I've forwarded a second message which I've attached. Hopefully I will soon be able to resolve this and be able to accurately post a new page with the correct identification and scientific information. Since Dr. Moran is a recognized authority I certainly will follow his lead. But for the sake of accuracy I always at least attempt to track down the base name.

This is my follow up message:

Dr. Moran, I am unable to locate anything with this exact spelling on TROPICOS as
Huperzia nummulariifolia (Blume) Chambers, Jeremy & Crabbe. I can only locate Lycopodium nummularifolium Blume as a basionym.

However, on the IPNI I found this. It too appears to indicate the basionym is Lycopodium nummulariifolium Blume:
Lycopodiaceae Huperzia nummulariifolia ( Blume ) Jermy in T.Chambers , Jermy & Crabbe
Brit. Fern Gaz. 10: 176. 1971. 1971
basionym: Lycopodium nummulariifolium Blume
basionym: Lycopodium nummulariifolium Blume Blume
Is it possible the basionym is truly Lycopodium nummulariifolium Blume? I do everything possible to verify every name I publish and certainly would not wish to cause any embarrassment if I get this wrong. If there is more recent data can you point me to a source?

Thanks again!

Steve Lucas

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.