IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Anthurium pedatatoridium
From: crogers at ecoanalysts.com (Christopher Rogers) on 2008.06.06 at 00:53:40(17763)
Thank you, Windy!

I will keep mine a little closer to the circulation fans. Hopefully this will keep it cooler and better aerated. It sounds like I need to keep the media loose. I have used pumice, sphagnum, fir (orchid) bark, sand and peat. It sounds like I need to make it a bit more epiphytically friendly. Hmm. It sounds like I need to move it to my son?s orchid bench . . .

I also have Anthurium pallidiflorum, which also seems to like to be cooler. My plant struggles in the heat of my greenhouse but keeps growing and produces the odd inflorescence. I moved one of the University plants (with 30 cm leaves) into the cloud forest room, and it now has 1.5 meter long leaves and lots of inflorescences, which have produced berries, that I was able to germinate. These are really fun plants. I obviously need to try more species! If only I had more space in my greenhouse . . .

Happy days,

Christopher

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.