IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Dragon aroids needing help!
From: fieldmycol at yahoo.co.uk (Geoffrey Kibby) on 2008.06.13 at 20:42:05(17841)
Hi Karin,
?
If you are talking about Dracunculus (which I believe is often called the Dragon Arum in gardening magazines!) then I have found it very unfussy in London soils, growing and flowering well really stongly in even very poor, rocky or clayey soils. It may be that they dont have enough room in the pots, I find they like quite a deep root run to do well so a large pot is a definite benefit.Of course they do die back in mid-summer so this may simply be them going to sleep; mine start into growth in early January and are in flower by late may-June and die back by the end of June. This is perfectly normal. If all else fails turn them out of their pots and have a look at the tubers, make sure they are not rotting or being eaten by larvae etc. If they look healthy then I would guess that?they are just happily going to sleep.
?
Geoffrey
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.