IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Monstera question..
From: lbmkjm at yahoo.com (brian lee) on 2008.06.20 at 16:56:03(17876)
Dear Sherry,

Aloha.

I do not know much about Monstera species taxonomy...except that there are many species that are deserving of cultivation. I use Monstera deliciosa in copius amounts in landscaping. I know nothing of the variegated forms...although I do see many of them. Regarding Monstera pertusa, it is a valid name. I have seen so-called Dwarf Monstera and an intermediate sized Monstera species...but never in flower. There are some Raphidophora species that look like dwarf Monstera vegetatively. Hopefully someone out there can add to this discussion as I am very interested in this subject myself.

I used to correspond with Craig Phillips on Monstera before he passed away. Are there other Monstera enthusiasts out there? I am very interested in growing Monstera punctulata from Panama and Costa Rica. I do not know if others have this problem, but some Monstera are very difficult to root from cuttings. I suspect Monstera punctulata is one of these. Craig and I used to discuss this problem...they sit and dry or rot. This is highly unexpected when you see the vigorous plants...I have tried juvenile and mature stems at multiple times. I am not the best horticulturist, but I can slice and dice Monstera delisiosa in efforts at eradication and they root.

Aloha,

Leland

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.