IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Chaos in Monstera names
From: lbmkjm at yahoo.com (brian lee) on 2008.06.28 at 13:45:58(17995)
Dear Tom and the masses,

Aloha.

On an earlier post, I said that Monstera pertusa was a valid name...that was based on the Tropicos listing. On the KEW monocot checklist, that name is considered Raphidophora pertusa. Monstera and Rhapidophora are genera that I would like to study in greater detail,however, access to vouchered and correctly curated living collections are limited.

Pete, are you familiar with Rhaphidophora pertusa? I mention this because there is the discussion that many of the so-called Monstera pertusa are really Rhaphidophora tetrasperma. Now, I noticed that the diatribution of Rhaphidophora tetrasperma and Rhapidophora pertusa are very distinct...the former from peninsular Thailand and peninsular Malaysia, and R. pertusa from southern India,Bangladesh,and Sri Lanka. Can you comment on this? Are they similar species...especially in the sterile state?

Thank you all.

Aloha,

Leland

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.