IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Ecuadorian aroids--Elizabeth`s photo site.
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.06.30 at 15:54:30(18017)
Beth gets any credit for the photos and ID's. She asked for a tiny bit of help and I made a few suggestions as to possibilities but no probable names. Windy Aubrey also made some suggestions as well.

I believe Beth has done some correspondence with Tom but am not sure of his input. He did forward one possible name to an unusual form to me but I'm unsure of his final opinion since at this point he hasn't actually examined the specimen! I'd sure like to hear it though since that Anthurium at the botanical garden has a very unusual spathe and spadix.

I do know Beth is anxious to find good names so if anyone can offer those, please post them for her. Mostly what we discussed were possible variants of Anthurium angamarcanum. All of you really serious Anthurium collectors out there can hopefully help her in her quest for good information.

Leland sent a private note to me and asked I invite Beth to join Aroid l due some of her posts on the internet. Beth is a young collector and is quite avid in her quest for knowledge. So all of you, please offer good info she can use. There was a small discussion about her electing to study botany since she is now in the theater trade, and I would encourage her to do so. I recently asked Tom about going back to school myself due to my high interest in learning aroid botany. Regrettably, I'm a bit beyond my prime so I'll continue to study under the tutelage of all our renowned experts.

Steve

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.