IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron Angra dos Reis,
From: hermine <hermine at endangeredspecies.com> on 2008.08.16 at 19:19:57(18391)
FYI. The namePhilodendron Angra dos Reis seems to have been used by Leopoldo Seidel,brother? of Alvim Seidel, in seed lists friom the late 60s early70s. It probably documents the locality seed source of this material. Isaw these plants in this vicinity in 1996. The material at the MarieSelby Botanical Gardens is from this Seidel seed source that I purchasedseveral years earlier. I believe I brought it to the Gardens in 1975 or76. It has survived 24*F and the death of the host liveoak. HEL

and i have not found alvim seidel to be a reasonable supplier of plantmaterial. however they did include a free scorpion which was as shiny andblack as patent leather, which ran up my arm into my armpit, causing meto dance around my kitchen in a way never seen before or since, and itdropped out and vanished. i was afraid it would lurk and bite one of thedogs.

hermine

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.