IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Off-topic info on P. warmingii
From: "ExoticRainforest" <Steve at ExoticRainforest.com> on 2008.08.18 at 12:51:12(18406)
It appears some were offended by my pointing out Mr. Graf had errors in his books. Please note the things I said in the original post that I have now underlined in red. I still have a very old copy of his book but I don't trust the names due to the known errors.

My goal in researching my plants is botanical accuracy but if any of you are happy to use the names in Mr. Graf's texts, please feel free to do so. Hpwever, everytime I point out these errors some try to take what I say as an insult to Mr. Graf and that I am recommending his books be trashed. As I said in my post, HE DID A GOOD THING. I don't believe I recommended anyone to throw away your copy. I am quite amazed that the current publishing company that reissues his books makes no effort to correct or at least put a note with the errors.

Steve Lucas

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.