IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Anthurium ID
From: "ExoticRainforest" <Steve at ExoticRainforest.com> on 2008.09.13 at 22:31:36(18531)
Leland, your knowledge of aroids far outweighs my own but I thought everyone who is an Anthurium enthusiast might like to read some of Tom's notes taken from TROPICOS. Perhaps you can compare these to your plant and determine if your specimen is truly Anthurium balaoanum. For those unfamiliar, the numbers at the beginning are Dr. Croat's specimen numbers. Tom once explained in a series of personal emails that many people believe Anthurium balaoanum is Anthurium guildingii. A. balaoanum is from Ecuador and Anthurium guildingii is from the lower eastern Caribbean and as you know both plants are very different.

If your plant is Anthurium balaoanum I'd love to have a photo of the plant as well as the spathe to add to my webpage http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Anthurium%20balaoanum%20pc.html

Steve

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.