IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Anthurium ID
From: brian lee <lbmkjm at yahoo.com> on 2008.09.14 at 19:12:03(18538)
Dear Steve,

Aloha.

What would be important...and I am going to let you do the initial investigation...can you tie the collection numbers to locality data? Just from reading the field notes...either Anthurium balaonum is a plastic, variable species...specifically the petioles and spadix color, etc. are different in the specimens listed. My plant has characters that fit several of the notes,and not others. My petioles are subterete and weakly sulcate on the adaxial surface. My spadix, if memory is serving me, was yellow-green...not maroon at male anthesis...which the first specimen(#53706) is described as having...since the pollen is noted in this field observation. When my plant next blooms, I will pay closer attention to details...as I really have only taken passing notice until this species became a subject of discussion.

Please connect the locality data to the numbers and whatever other details you can ferret out.

Aloha,

Leland

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.