IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] fall show & sale photos
From: brian lee <lbmkjm at yahoo.com> on 2008.09.23 at 04:04:12(18570)
Dear Albert( and Dr. Croat),

Aloha and mahalo for sharing this video of Dr. Croat's lecture for those of us stuck at home.

It proves that the IAS has a living treasure among us in the form of Dr. Croat. His life and work needs to be published as a book... I believe it should be a biography versus an autobiography so he can continue to work on Araceae undistracted. Wow. I was impressed before I saw the video...but now I am convinced that his life should be documented like other legends in print...Dr. Richard Evan Schultes,Dr. E.O. Wilson,...Bates, Wallace, and Spruce are a few that come to mind. We need to have the unabridged and illustrated Croat biography...maps and photos and botanical illustrations. It needs to have 500 pages of text and full color plates. What a story,

Thank you both for this opportunity to glimpse the life and times of Dr. Tom Croat...I feel I know him a little better...but I also know that is like seeing the entire extent of an iceberg.

Aloha,

Leland

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.