IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Spathiphyllum ID
From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at exoticrainforest.com> on 2008.11.13 at 03:55:18(18727)
Emily, I would think Anthuriumplowmanii and Leland Miyano appears to agree via a private email. Dr. Croat once commented about a natural variation collected by FredFuchs in Bolivia which was being called Anthurium plowmaniiFruffles and Leland tended towards that variation. Jared, just in caseyou aren't aware, virtually all aroids have natural variations and theyare sometimes numerous. Basically, every plant in the species does nothave to appear exactly alike. You might want to take a look at mywebpage on the species here:

http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Anthurium%20plowmanii%20pc.html

The top photo is by Enid Offolter who is well known to almost all of uson Aroid l. Take a look at her photo and see if the plants appear tobe the same. I made my name recommendation based on the shape of themid rib, what appears to be a U shaped petiole in one photo along withthe undulated leaf margins (ruffled edges) and the pale greenish colorof the spadix. If we had a photo of the spathe it would be possible tooffer a more postive ID (non-scientific on my part!).

By the way, I believe there are some tissue cultured specimens aroundso as a non-scientist I wouldn't dare suggest if the plant is aspecies or a hybrid.

Steve

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.