IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] aroids for teaching/Anthuriums
From: <ju-bo at msn.com> on 2009.01.11 at 11:50:06(18893)
Dear Carol,

And thanks to my friend Derek and others for reminding us of the obvious!   Talk about me not seeing the woods for the trees!  Anthuriums, the hybrid kind like the "Lady Jane" series would be one of THE easiest to obtain (K-Mart, Home Depot-type stores), and would be easy to grow, of the correct size, and ALMOST ever-blooming!  They occur in several different colored blooms, from purple to scarlet to white, MANY booms as Derek points out!  
I sometimes have to visit a VERY large Hotel on Palm beach, and these Anthurums are used extensively as cover around the bases of their huge potted plants.   To see the kids (and many adults!, obviously Northerners) stop, stare and giggle at the suggestivly phalic but BEAUTIFUL blooms always brings cheer to my old heart.   I`d ''complement'' the collection with a couple of Spathiphyllum floribundums just for the variety and  ''change'', but then again that`s just me.   Anything else would be gravy, like the Spathicarpas kindly offered by my friend Don and others!

The Best,

Julius

> From: dburch23@bellsouth.net

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.