IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] aroid recommendations
From: Tindomul Er-Murazor <tindomul1of9 at yahoo.com> on 2009.01.11 at 22:40:54(18895)
Hello,

I am a lab tech at Queens College, and one of the labs I look after is the Botany lab. In this lab, I grow Anthurium gracile which is a constant bl oomer with lots of red seed production. A nice show. I have also star ted getting some blooms of A. scandens.<--Spelling. This species is supp osed to be a nice bloomer too with nicer fruit.
I also have a species formerly known as Typhonium varians, which I have hea rd has a new name. I got it from T&C Terrariums online.
I do have one question for you. Do you supply any arteficial lighting, a nd if so, where does your college get them from. I am trying to retrofit th e lab here with some nicer lights than your average T8's.
Also, I am experimenting with growing some jack in the pulpits indoors. So far I have succeeded with attaining a second year growth. However, bo th the Typonium and this one would be Spring bloomers.

--0-821773727-1231713654=:58821

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.