IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Off the wall question from a newbie. preserving the
From: chris palmer <palmerchrispuppy at yahoo.com> on 2009.01.17 at 00:49:18(18920)
thanks Beth.

For a really big inflorescence, like that of the A. titanum, the best way to go about preserving it would be to pour clear polyester resin down it in several successive coats, or to spray it on with a big airbrush. To preserve it in block form would take several hundred gallons, and a mould would have to be purpose-made for the process, probably out of aluminum.

The spray is what I have planned. I am just not asure if it will adhere to the bloom uniformly, maybe this is why multiple coast work best. I will dilute out the epoxy with acetone ans retard its cure with a little sopropyl alcohocl. If it is not sturdy enough use a camel brush w./epoxy to thick the layer.

I'll let my end result. Probably do the work sunday after the bloom is fully open.

Thanks,

Chris

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.