IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Article about Roberto Burle Marx
From: brian lee <lbmkjm at yahoo.com> on 2009.01.23 at 16:19:31(18952)
Dear Susan and all,

Aloha and mahalo for forwarding this article to the forum.

Roberto Burle-Marx's legacy is one worth perpetuating. To this day I am grateful that a set of lucky coincidences allowed me to meet Roberto. To be his friend, was an amazing experience. I can hardly begin to describe it. The hole that was left at his passing is now filled with marvelous memories. Many of the plants we collected together are at the Sitio as well as Rio Botanical Gardens, the Ruschi Museum, and other ex-situ collections around Brazil. Most of the areas are completely altered or destroyed, so these collections are even more valuable today. Roberto always spoke out against the destruction, so I do hope that part of his message prevails.

Most of you will know Roberto for his aroid collection, but that was such a small part of the man, his work, and life. If you ever have the opportunity to visit his Sitio and the collections; you will get a small taste of the experience.

Thank you again for forwarding this article. It is important for the next generation of plant people, landscape designer, or the curious, to learn more about Burle-Marx's work and life philosophies.

Aloha,

Leland

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.