IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Failed Amorphophallus Bloom
From: David <onimua at gmail.com> on 2009.02.04 at 15:38:12(19049)
Hey guys! I was hoping someone can give me some answers about what went wrong with my plant (I believe it is dactylifer).

I got it a couple of months ago, and it started growing fine. It was, in fact an inflorescence, and had been developing just fine, albeit slower than I had experienced with other amorphs. Unfortunately, something happened and it had died (the flower, not the tuber which I dug back out a bit to see it in tact but smaller from producing the flower). Does anyone have any hints as to what had gone wrong? I personally don't understand how it manage to get that far in the inflorescence only to die with no known cause. Any thoughts about this would be appreciated, and how the next time I can do something to ensure a more successful bloom.

I attached pics of the final weeks of it, including the look of the inside of the spathe after it had collapsed in case it might be any help.

Thanks!
--000e0cd20d8655e92d046219939d----000e0cd20d8655e935046219939f

HTML

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.