IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] legal plant importation
From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at ExoticRainforest.com> on 2009.02.08 at 04:57:21(19061)
I know a few on this list have goneto South America and brought back specimens, at least rhizomes, stemcuttings, seeds, etc. I don't know if we'll be able to do this anytimesoon but I would like to make plans just in case. It has been yearssince I was fortunate enough to spend time in Central and SouthAmerican rain forests but my knowledge base is now improved enough Icould really learn a great deal more if I were able to get into thefield once again if for no other reason than to take a lot morephotos.

Can those of you who know how to do this legally tell us all how to goabout getting the permits from both the export country as well as theU.S.? Of course I am not talking about collection of any CITESprohibited material.

Thanks!

Steve Lucas

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.