IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] rescuing a skimpy cutting
From: REDRAGON40 at aol.com on 2009.03.11 at 22:02:45(19185)
Sherry:

Since I live in PA, outdoors isn't currently an option The web site suggests a mixture of peat, potting soil and osmunda fibre so it stays damp, but drains quickly. Right now I have it suspended in an aquarium with the leaf and the growing tip out of the water, but with the stem end and one joint in the water. It has the light from the aquarium, and there is some nutrient in the water because of the fish. A local horticulturist said that I should wait to plant it until there is a little root growth. I thought perhaps after a root starts I will mix the planting medium, and use a medium sized pot to accommodate the length of the cutting, - anchoring it into the medium in the same position it is now in water. I would set the pot on a pebble bed for humidity in a small empty aquarium and kepp it watered and drained. A small aquarium light should provide the necessary illumination. Here's hoping!

Carol

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.