IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] =?iso-8859-2?q?Philodendron_=22SCH=D6NBRUNNER_HYBRID=22?=
From: "Lengyel Ferenc" <Ferenc.Lengyel at aok.pte.hu> on 2009.04.17 at 09:41:03(19239)
Hello,
I have a house plant that I would like to be identified, if possible. It i s a climbing aroid and
looks like the plant offered in the german ebay as Philodendron "SCHÖNBR UNNER
HYBRID". Its leaf venation does not look like that of a Philodendron. It h as collective
veins (at least I think so) like Anthuriums. However, it has no geniculum at the junction
of the petiole and the leaf blade. The upper side of its leaves is slightl y velvety. The
upper side of the older leaves is dark green, the lower side is lighter gr een. The younger
leaves are bicolorous with darker and lighter green areas as if it would h ave been sick,
but it is not the case. As the leaves mature, the upper surface becomes un iformly dark
green. The leaves are about as large as a man's hand (about 18 cm x 11 cm) . It hasn't
flowered for me, so I can't say anything about the inflorescence. I have t aken some
photos of it (attached).
Is it simply an unknown hybrid? Or something else?
Ferenc

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.