IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Species suited to a water wall
From: "John Criswick" <criswick at spiceisle.com> on 2009.04.21 at 22:05:27(19261)

As it happens, I just returned from Cali, Colombiawhere my host Alvaro Calonje took me to see a wet wall he had made in anupmarket business place. In the attached picture, Alvaro is standing on theright.

Cali isabout 1,000 metres above sea level but nearer the equator than the DR. Temperaturesare definitely cooler than where I am at 250 metres altitude in Grenada, 12degrees north. For instance, I saw spathiphyllums planted in full sun indowntown Cali. But it never gets anything near as low as 6C !

I don’t think there are any aroids on the wallexcept the white and green form of Pothos. There are a profusion ofalternantheras and types of ground cover, begonias, vinca, (the plant known as periwinklein temperate gardens), ivies, maidenhair ferns, peperomias, selaginellas,zebrinas, and creeping plectranthus would be a good one too.

John.

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.