IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l]
From: Helmut Reisenberger <gartenbaureisenberger at web.de> on 2009.05.06 at 09:14:50(19304)
Hello Ferenc, Hi all !

thanks for your contribution to the identification. You make me sure it is a Syngonium. But what makes this species never to develop adult leaves, whi ch are characteritic for the species? I have grown some plants (which easi ly grow from rooted cuttings) to some meters high under rainforest conditio ns (substrate, climbing support, temperature, humidity). The stem of some a re more than 4 cm thick and the leaves are, still in the heartshaped manner , more than 70 cm long. They never produced any inflorescense (how could th ey?).
Maybe anybody out there in the araceae crowd can offer an adult species of Syngonium macrophyllum (preferably in Europe)?
I would like to cut an adult plant up to root the cuttings and to see what happens.

g.gr. Helmut Reisenberger

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.