IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Help with Anthurium scherzerianum
From: Michael Pascall <mickpascall at hotmail.com> on 2009.05.16 at 08:10:29(19327)
Cut this from Toms revision ....

'The type of A. scherzerianum was believed to have been collectedin Guatemala; however since that time no other collections have been seenfrom that country. So far the species has been found only in Costa Rica,where it is plentiful, and it is likely that the type was collected there.'

This species grows very well up on the tablelands in tropical Australia . I grew it in the sub-tropics and was surprised when they struggled and died after I shifted up to the wet tropics . Today I saw a sickly plant in flower at my local garden club meeting , the owner has been growing several of them for many years in the wettest town in Australia !
Even temperature all year round  , a fast draining media , and frequent mild fertilizing seems to be how friends of mine get constant flowers and frequent seed set .

Michael Pascall,

Dear Ed:

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.