IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Is this a Caladium? Something else?
From: "Elizabeth Campbell" <desinadora at mail2designer.com> on 2009.06.01 at 15:52:34(19387)

Hi group! Sorry to have been away for so long, but I've been off looking for that giant anthurium in the jungles. I was recently in Puyo, Pastaza, and a friend had this stunning aroid growing in her garden. She told me it was callled Corazon de Jesus, which traditionally would mean it's a Caladium, but I've never seen one quite like this before. The leaf was about 14" from sinus to tip, and about 12" across the widest part of the blade; there was a single, slightly hairy petiole with no geniculum, and that was it. The whole thing was about 24" tall at the highest point.

Any ideas on what this might be? She said she dug it out of the forest about 2 km from her house.

Thanks!

Beth, in Ecuador

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.