IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Philodendron crassinervium inflorescence
From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at exoticrainforest.com> on 2009.08.15 at 13:42:57(19726)
Tom, thanks so much for the plate.I've added it to the page.

http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Philodendron%20crassinervium%20Philodendron%20lanceolatum.pc.html

I find it interesting Schott's plate does not appear to match yourfield notes on P. crassinervium or Mauro Peixoto's photo. Ihave three questions. Is Scott's drawing applicable to P. alternansor P. lanceolatum? And more important in my mind, couldSchott have described something that no longer exists in the forests ofBrazil? Or, is it possible P. alternans is truly a speciessince it is more often epiphytic as well as pendent while P.crassinervium is primarily terrestrial? The plants in my owncollection appear to be different and Eduardo and Marcus have both saidprivately they are not likely to be the same plant species. Inaddition, notes and photos I've added to the page from Leland Miyanoalso at least appear to indicate they may not be the same plant.

Input from any of our experts would be most helpful. And by the way,I've copied this privately to all mentioned in this note so if any ofyou choose to comment please include Aroid l when you respond.

Thanks as always!

Steve Lucas

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.