IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] New Aroideana, Vol. 32, 2009.
From: <ju-bo at msn.com> on 2009.08.31 at 20:50:42(19877)
Dear EVERYBODY,

I received my copy of the new Aroideana earlier today, and talk about something that was SO worth waiting for!   WHAT AN ISSUE!   Congrats to our tireless Editor Derek Burch, and to all the authors who are responsible to such an eclectic collection and mix of both scientific AND ''popular'' articles and papers!  
We will, I am sure, all have or personal favorites, but mine was one of two of Josef Bogner`s articles, the one on Zomicarpella, a tiny plant which I have been researching the origins of and wondering about  for over 20 years, way back since there was a photo. of the one leaf and a bloom from cultivation in 1881, with no real info. but published in a REAL early issue of Aroideana (Vol. 1, No. 3),Tom Croats article on Colombian aroids, superbly written and illustrated (as usual!), all the other scientific descriptions by Pete Boyce and others, and the wonderful papers on private collections/gardens by M. Challis, Steve Lucas and Leland Miyano which I have already  read, plus I still have left all the other authors from Holland, India, France (nice work, Genevieve!) This volume will keep me busy reading for days to come.
As one would say back in my Trinidad, W.I. (land of "de chubas"), "Allyuh, dat is one book fada!" (All of you, that is the father of books).

Good Growing,

Julius Boos

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.