IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] scale insect
From: <exotics at hawaii.rr.com> on 2009.09.01 at 04:45:53(19883)
Hi Sherry,

I have been using a fairly new product put out by Bayer called '3-in-1 Insect, Disease, & Mite Control', and have purchased it at Home Depot.

The label says it is for use on 'Roses, Flowers, and Shrubs', and it 'Cures and prevents disease'.
It is a systemic and it works for about 30 days with one application.
It comes two different ways, one being in a container that you can attach directly to your hose and it mixes as it sprays with a trigger attachment. It's very easy, no mixing, no measuring. You can use as much as you need then unhook the hose and save the unmixed portion in the container for another time. I use it in my greenhouse when ever I notice mites, mealy bugs, scale or anything else.
This product also comes in a smaller ready mixed spray bottle, and can be used whenever it is necessary. If you only have a few plants this is great. I keep it on hand for emergencies or when I pick up something new that might need a little clean up.
I have used this product 4 times since I first discovered it and have never had any plant react badly to it. I have even used it on delicate Maiden hair ferns(Adiantums) and have never seen any burn. It works fantastically on aroids and wipes out mites with one application. Besides aroids and Adiantums I have also used it on Nepenthes, palms, epiphytic ferns, Calatheas, gingers, orchids,and other tropical shade plants without any toxic reaction.
It doesn't have a bad odor either like the other products I used in the past.
Being that it is a systemic I would not use it on anything edible though.

Hopes this helps you and brings your plants back to a healthy state,
Windy Aubrey

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.