IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Aquatic aroids, algae problem
From: cyndikrall at aol.com on 2009.09.20 at 16:15:37(20055)
I would NOT try antibiotics. They don't work on all types of algae, and wi ll seriously mess with your water chemistry and your fishes health unneces sarily. It looks almost like a brush red brush algae. This might mean your pH or carbonate hardness is too high. When i had black brush algae, I too k the affected plants out, sprayed them BIREFLY with hydrogen peroxide, ri nsed them off VERY well, and then put them intoa quarantine tank for a couple months. It took a while and the plants looked like h*ll for a lo ng time, but the algae died off and the plants recovered. I have a very he avily planted 180 gallon freshwater tank.

Siamese algae eaters MAY eat it, but I have 4 and they never touched it (b ut mine are spoiled and eat mostly blood worms.) ;-)

Cyndi

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.