IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Synandrospadix vermitoxicus - Seed Distribution
From: Albert M Huntington <amh at ieee.org> on 2009.09.21 at 23:33:23(20059)
Folks,

I have returned home from the annual IAS Show and Sale with quite some number of what I assume are viable seeds of Synandrospadix vermitoxicus - a very interesting tuberous Aroid from South America.

If you would like a couple, please send your name
and mailing address OFF THE LIST to amh@ieee.org

Synandrospadix is occasionally seen in
cultivation, and seems to do well in a variety of climates, with reported successes from South Florida to cooler climes where established plants from some localities may survive freezes during a period of dormancy. It's a handsome plant with a beautiful infloresence - you can see some pictures on the IAS website at:
http://www.aroid.org/genera/speciespage.php?genus=synandrospadix&species=vermitoxicus

About the first 10 people to respond will receive
a few seeds at no charge, which should be planted in a well-drained mix and kept very warm and moist. Germination may be slow in this species, especially if it's not kept warm and moist enough.

Priority will be given to members of the IAS, contributors
to this list, and people who have sent me material in the past.

AGAIN - DO NOT REPLY TO THE LIST - REPLY TO ME
PERSONALLY IF YOU WANT SEED

All the best,
Albert Huntington

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.