IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] ?? Water-loving Anthurium species
From: Devin Biggs <dbiggs at xantusidesign.net> on 2009.09.27 at 05:13:50(20077)
Julius,

Thanks very much for those insights. I really hope that I can get a hold of some species Spathiphyllum, but I don't have any real solid
leads yet. The common hybrid cultivars that I have tried so far are some of the best plants for growing in ripariums, but the shorter-
statured commercially available ones are rather limited.

The link below goes to a shot of my tank that includes several Spathiphyllum as background foliage. There are also several large
Cryptocoryne and Anubias in the abovewater portion.

http://hydrophytesblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/2-ix-09-crypts-tank-i-m.jpg

I haven't tried any Anthurium yet. I should purchase a few Home Depot plants that look like amnicola crosses just to see what they will
do. I really would like to get some species. I plan to put together an inquiry for Ecuagenera to see if they might be able to turn anything
up and I should also get in touch with Windy Audry.

I'm sorry I'm ignorant what is the Deni Bown book?

Thanks very much for considering my questions.

Regards,

Devin

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.