IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Strange white mold/spots on amorphophallus tubers
From: David <onimua at gmail.com> on 2009.10.01 at 19:39:41(20127)
Hey guys,

I want to thank everyone for the advice so far. I had no idea they were root mealybugs (I thought they looked different). I'm currently soaking the tubers in mix of insecticidal soap and water for a few minutes. My other fear is the Amorphophallus I have in pots. I don't think digging them up, soaking, and then repotting is a good idea, but not sure how to prevent, and perhaps stop if they're already there, the mealybugs from attacking the other plants. Can I pour a weaker soap/water mix into the pot the same way I water them? Would that work?

And if I have root mealybugs, will I have to worry about the other kind that attacks the leaves? I also have orchids and some staghorn ferns (small ones) in that same room - are they in any danger?

Thanks again!

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.