IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Nymphaea/Cyrtosperma growing media suggestions...
From: "John Criswick" <criswick at spiceisle.com> on 2009.10.16 at 15:16:28(20185)
Dear Jules,

Goodto hear you sounding so frisky.

I’mtruthfully mystified by all this, as I grow Montrichardia like a weed insubmerged pots of topsoil in my 18 inch deep pond.

Actually the method Idescribed for Nymphaeas was not meant to be taken as a recommendation forgrowing aroids; just nymphaeas.

Although, it would notsurprise me one bit if my aroids other than Montrichardia did well with thismethod. I have also grown Lhasia in submerged tubs of soil. It took overthe pond to such an extent that I hauled it all out. (And is it everprickly !)

I’ll try aCyrtosperma, as you say. The reason I took the effin Cyrtosperma out ofthe pond is because it would too rapidly grow too enormous and top heavy andblow over in the pond.

By old and well-rottedI mean smelling not like any kind of crap at all, but like leafmould. Lovely stuff !

John.

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.