IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Amorphohpallus ID please
From: "E.Vincent Morano" <ironious2 at yahoo.com> on 2009.10.22 at 03:17:54(20196)
When I planted this tuber earlier this year it was no where close to this size or shape. It was about 4 inches long and less round then a pencil. So when the leaf died I thought it would pull straight out of the dirt. I didnt want to dump the dirt out because there are other ones in the same pot that are not done yet. So anyway I pulled it and it broke, unfortunately the tip where the leafe was growing has a little rot and there is no bud there so its probably not a big deal that this got broken even though it pains me that I broke it. :-) The other two are bigger any way. So can you guys tell me by looking at the tuber, leaf, and petiole, what kind of amoroph this is?

The leaves are from the two that are still growing. They come from Thailand. Amorphophallus josefbogneri maybe???

picture 2 is from the actual petiole. The leaves were too withered so I did not take a picture. pictures number 3 and 4 are of the two that are still growing picture 5 and 6 are of the leaves of the growing ones. notice how one leave is almost variegated almost. The white spot in pocture 6 is sunburn that happened yesterday. Due to the email service Im using I attach all the pictures so I zipped them into two files

--0-693479501-1256181475=:88433----0-958981107-1256181475=:88433

HTML

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.