IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] An open invitation.
From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at ExoticRainforest.com> on 2009.11.12 at 21:20:12(20269)

Janice and I would like to extend anopen invitation to anyone on this forum to visit our Exotic Rainforestatrium. We're blessed to have been able to grow so many interestingplants and have many of them perform just as they would in the wild. We have had as many as 60 visitors in a single day but the average islikely five to eight people per week.

I'd really love to get some of our botanists in the atrium so we canfigure out what some of my "untagged" specimens might be. Lots offolks have been great about sending plants and I've been able toacquire a fairly large number from South America that I know don't havethe correct ID tags. Even if you're just new to plants please visit usif you plan to be near northwest Arkansas.

The first photo showsthe south walkway which leads around to the park bench where we sit toenjoy the pond. Thesecond is what we see as we walk out the kitchen door. The third is the view of the pond withthe waterfall at the end if you are sitting on our park bench whichisn't visible in any of these photos, and the final is a wide angleview of the atrium from the south door. As youcan see, there is a fairly long epiphytic log hanging over the walkwaythat has at least 70 or 80 plants growing on it as th

There are more than 50 fairly large aroids hanging from the ceiling inteak orchid baskets and nearly 40 feet of "bench" around three wallsholding smaller plants in pots. We think you'll find plenty to see sofeel free to come anytime you're in the area.

You can find my cellphone number atthe bottom of the homepage to our website and all we ask is you give ussome notice before you come.

Please accept the invite!

Steve

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.